Sunday, August 26, 2007

Talked to both of my kids in the Navy today


I talked to both of my kids in the Navy today. They are going to Chicago together again for the day. They are both in their respective "A" Schools at Great Lakes, IL. I would like nothing better than to have a picture of them together but my daughter does not want to send me her pictures. I think she looks great but she feels otherwise. Oh well. I hope they have a good time and I am glad that they are together. Soon they will both go their separate ways and it could be a long while before they see each other again.

In other Navy News: My son told me they had an "Alcohol Related Incident" on his Ship ( for those of you not up with the Navy lingo, all buildings in the Navy are called Ships ) last night. Supposedly some guy who was under age went out to a local Bar and got Drunk and got in some trouble and then to top it all off he ran from the Police. When one person messes up they all have to pay for it. His ship had 77 days without and incident until last night. If they get to 100 days they all get a day of Liberty and some sort of party but now they are back to day 1 thanks to one person not following the rules. I want to let you know that I agree with the Navy that this is the way it should be. But to say the least that one person will think twice before he does that kind of thing again. Now everyone is mad at him!!! :) My Son said that they also might loose phone privileges because of this so if I don't hear from him for a while that is why. I understand.

That is all for now and if my kids do send some pictures I will post them at that time.

No comments: