Sunday, August 26, 2007

I finally had a good nights rest. No more toothache...

Good morning all, It's 8:20am Sunday morning and I got up at 7am. I went to sleep last night around 9pm in my recliner and woke up sometime around midnight and went to bed and slept the rest of the night. The reason I mention this is that is the longest that I have slept since July 24th when my toothache started. It feels great to sleep that long. I am so glad I had my bad teeth pulled and no they were not any of my front ones so I will still have a nice smile ( thank God ). I am lucky that it was just the back ones.

In case you didn't read my earlier post I had 13 teeth pulled Friday. I have been on antibiotics and pain meds for a month after getting an infection in my jaw. That was the most pain that I have ever felt in my entire life. The only way to describe the pain that I have been having before having my teeth extracted was to say it felt like someone was driving a nail into my tooth. OUCH!!!! To say the least. I don't know why my teeth went bad, I brush several times a day and floss, I think it must be herederity. My parents had tooth problems at a young age but were able to get things fixed with the help of dental insurance. I can't understand why we have to have separate insurance for our teeth in this country. I think health insurance should cover teeth problems just like any other part of the body.

If you ever watched that show Dr. G: Medical Examiner on Discovery Health channel maybe you saw the episode that I watched where this young person was found dead and when Dr. G finally figured out why they had died it was because of a tooth infection. I have to tell you that scared the crap out of me. We really do need to get dental problems covered by regular health insurance. We'll anyway I feel much better now. I am still in pain after having the extractions but it is nothing like the pain I was in for the last month. I will continue taking my antibiotics and pain medicine until they are gone and I will go to the Dentist later this week to have the stitches removed. I am on the road to Dental health.. I am one of the lucky ones.

If you want to read my earlier post on this subject just click on Toothache under this post in the Labels section.

No comments: