Saturday, August 11, 2007

Phone Calls from Both of my Kids that are in the United States Navy



My son John that graduated Navy Boot Camp yesterday called again yesterday evening. He sounded great. He told me that he sings the cadence for his Division when they march. He is "ARock". If you don't know what that is, a cadence call is a traditional call-and-response work song sung by military personnel while running or marching. He and his sister Cindy along with some of his friends that just graduated and some of her friends from her A school in Great Lakes are going to Chicago together today. They promised me some pictures today, so when I get them I will post them here. My son also sent his pictures from Boot Camp Federal Express so I will post some of those also as soon as I get them. John starts his A school next Tuesday in Great Lakes for OS.

One other note, John said the gas chamber in boot camp really helped clear his sinuses. The next week we has a stuffy nose and thought about how nice it would be to go do the gas chamber again to clear that up. LOL




Cindy is currently learning about troubleshooting and operating the SPS-64(V)9 radar system. Good job Cindy. :) She is a Fire Control Technician. I'm proud of you Cindy.

No comments: