Sunday, March 30, 2008

John Played Chess In Daytona and our guest are leaving today.

Good morning all. We have been having a great time with Kara and Sheila. Sadly they are leaving today to go home. Kara made us dinner last night. She made Pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beens, and mac and cheese. It was really good. Thanks Kara.

I was able to fix Kara's computer that she brought with her. I backed everything up on to an External Hard Drive that I have and then formatted her hard drive and reinstalled the OS and drivers and restored her documents, pictures and so on. I also installed some software that she needs. I set up her e-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2003 and she was able to download her e-mail from here ( all 930 some messages ) LOL I put Firefox and CCleaner on her computer and told her how to use both. Once she gets some more memory for her computer it should be good for another two years.

John tied for 1st & 2nd Under 1600 at Daytona ( John on Right )


John on Right


John on Right


John on Right


John standing


John standing



My son John played Chess yesterday in Daytona Beach at a USCF tournament. Two guys from the Jacksonville Chess Club picked him up from Mayport Naval Base and drove him down to Daytona to play. John tied for first place and won some money. My parents that live in Port Orange, FL ( a suburb of Daytona ) went and saw him. My Mom made him all kinds of cookies and packed them in a big bag. It is a birthday bag. Mom said it was the only bag large enough to hold all the containers of cookies that she made. :) She also took some pictures of John playing chess. John beat the guy he is playing in the pictures. John took the guys that drove him to the tournament out for Pizza on their way back to the Navy Base.

Mom said in her e-mail to me:

"I baked cookies for John but the only bag I had was this birthday bag to put them in. I made pizzelle’s and he said I made enough for the whole ship. I don’t think so but they last a long time so he can have them for snacks for awhile.

Love, Mom"

No comments: