Saturday, March 08, 2008

Chest Pain...

Good morning everyone. I have had a busy week. This week I went to the Dr's and had an EKG and some blood work done. Let me explain, I have been having Chest Pain lately and want to make sure that I am not going to drop dead with a heart attack. Next Wednesday morning at 5:30am I have to have a Stress Test at the hospital. So far things are going well.

My EKG was normal ( that means that I have not had a heart attack yet ). My Hemoglobin, White Count. Glucose, and Kidney function were all good and within normal limits when I got the results of the blood work back. My blood pressure was a little high 140/100 at the Dr's office. It has been higher st times and my cholesterol is through the roof with an overall cholesterol level in the 390s.

On Tuesday I have to pick up my son John from the airport in Kansas City. John will be here until the 18th. He said that he is going to come with me when I have the stress test done. :). Thanks John....

I have to tell you that the only thing I am not looking forward to is not being able to drink coffee 24hrs before the stress test. That means that I have to drive 126 miles to the airport and another 126 miles back home Tuesday morning without any caffeine. That sucks :( Oh well. I will let you know how the stress test turns out. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Cookie..... said...

Ya know John...excessive and persistant noice can cause stress and chest pain...Ya might have to get rid of Buster.... ;-)

John said...

She is going to get you for that one. LOL

Honestly, she is one of the best things that has ever happened to me... :)

Cookie..... said...

I know...but I'll bet when ya typed that last sentence she was standing right behind ya.... ;-)

John said...

Nope, she was in bed with a tooth ache. She is in pain....

Cookie..... said...

Uh Oh! A bear with a toothache. Time to walk softly amigo....