Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It was a long day today

John getting his luggage out of the car at the airport today.

Today has been a long day. I got about 2 1/2 hrs sleep last night and then had to get up and take my son John to the airport in Kansas City so he could catch his flight back to Mayport Naval Base. I reset the odometer on the car this morning and the mileage from our house to the parking lot at MCI was 148.8 miles. That is without stopping anywhere and without any Coffee!!! After John got on his flight I had to drive home. John got to Atlanta, Ga ( where he had to change planes to continue to Jacksonville, FL ) at the same time as I got home. He called my wife Vicki just as I was walking in the door to let us know the plane landed. LOL

After I got home I had to go to the pharmacy and then to the store to get a few things and then we cleaned the house. Tonight I am going to watch my favorite TV show "Jericho" on CBS and relax. Tomorrow morning at 6:15am I have my Cardiac Stress Test that was postponed from last week. I should get home about noon tomorrow.

John is on duty tomorrow on his ship and wants me to text him when I get home to let him know the results. :) We had a good time and enjoyed his visit and will miss him. He called when he got back to his base and was tired. He said that he slept through both flights. He said that he might be able to come again around Christmas. We sure hope so.

No comments: