Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wi-Fi access on the Base at Naval Station Great Lakes


My son John on his Web Cam last night

I had a person e-mail me and ask if they had Wi-Fi access on the Base at Naval Station Great Lakes so I asked my son John about it. He said that there is "Wi-Fi at the library, the loft, and the USO. Out of those the only one that is not really slow is the library's". When John first got his Laptop he was able to connect to the internet at 32kbs from his room. That's slower than dial-up access. John recently got Comcast cables high speed internet with 6 meg download and now everything works great. It looks like Comcast was the way to go.

In other news John got his web cam working last night. We talked online for about an hour. It was really nice to see him. My wife and I also got our Flu shots yesterday so we should be all set for this winter. My daughter Cindy was supposed to have her transfer briefing yesterday but I didn't hear from her so still no news on when she is moving to Va. That's about it from here.

No comments: