Monday, February 11, 2008

Crappy Weather... ICE

It looks like it is going to be a messy day. I woke up this morning to Thunderstorms and it is only 19 degrees outside. The ground appears to be covered with Ice. Most, if not all of the schools in our area are closed today. I am sure the kids will be happy about that. You can see our weather forecast below.

In other news, I talked to my daughter Cindy on MSN Messenger over the weekend. She had a test in her CIWS C-School Friday and got 100%. I wonder when she is going to send me some pictures now that she has a digital camera and a laptop computer? Cindy is at Naval Base San Diego. I also talked to my son John at Naval Station Mayport Florida. He was cooking eggs in his barracks and was doing well.

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 3 PM CST MONDAY.

THE NATL WEATHER SVC IN WICHITA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING.WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 3 PM CST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

LIGHT FREEZING RAIN WILL DEVELOP EARLY MON MORNING & BECOME WIDESPREAD INTO EARLY MON AFTERNOON. EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE WHICH COULD CAUSE HEAVIER PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS. SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF ICE.BETWEEN ONE-QUARTER & ONE-HALF INCH ARE EXPECTED. THIS WILL RESULT IN TREACHEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.& THE POSSIBILITY FOR DOWNED POWER LINES & TREE LIMBS.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

No comments: