Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Quiet day and we heard from the kids

We had a nice quiet day again yesterday. My daughter Cindy called during her lunch break from Naval Base San Diego where she is attending her C-School in the Navy.

Cindy was doing well and was glad she had her laptop up and running and on the Net. She bought the Belkin F5D7050 Wireless-G 54Mbps USB Network Adapter that I recommended and said that she is able to go online now. Cindy said that from what she has seen about 95% of the sailors on her base have a cell phone and a laptop. I bugged Cindy about sending me some pictures and she said that she would do that soon.

My son John called from Mayport Naval Base and was also doing well. He said that he had a great weekend and went to a Super Bowl Party at one of the guys houses from his ship. John said that the guy made the best Rubin sandwiches that he had ever had. John told me that he ate 6 of them so they must have been good. John is in class this week with his shipmates and said that it is interesting.

It's always good to hear from the kids and know that they are doing well. I made an apple pie yesterday for us and it turned out great. My neighbor Doris gave me an easy recipe for the crust. Doris said that all you have to do is remember to half the ingredients all the way down. I used 2 cups flour, 1 cup shortening, and 1/2 cup water. You can easily adjust the recipe for the amount of crust that you want as long as you half the ingredients starting with the flour it will turn out ok every time. Thanks Doris.

No comments: