Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Keep your private files into password protected Lockbox

Do you have some files on your computer you'd like to hide from others? I see so many people doing their taxes on their computers in spreadsheets that I thought this program might be a good idea. The program is called My Lockbox. It is for hiding your sensitive data.

Here's how it works. Once you install My Lockbox, the application will create a hidden folder. By default that folder will be in your My Documents folder, but you can place it anywhere on your PC. The folder is password protected, and when you hit the "lock" button, nobody can open it. That means they can't copy or open files, and they can't save files to the folder. So you'll need to unlock the folder in order to save new files to your lockbox. My Lockbox is very simple to use, and even hides your files when your PC is running in safe mode.

No comments: