Sunday, January 27, 2008

Coffee and a very Simple Blueberry Cobbler

Good morning. I woke up about 6am today and am drinking my morning Coffee. I just came across this article about the benefits of caffeine for your skin. In the article it states that "research suggests that both oral and topical caffeine may offer powerful anticarcinogenic benefits. A series of studies performed on mice found that caffeinated green and black teas prevented sun damage and even repaired damage once it occurred, whereas decaffeinated teas did not." So that's right people drink that coffee and tea and enjoy. You can read the article here.

Last night my wife and I were in the mood for something that had fruit in it. We didn't have any fruit left in the fridge and it was 10pm so I didn't really feel like going to the store so I came up with the idea of a Simple Blueberry Cobbler. I had a can of Blueberry pie filling and some refrigerator biscuits so what I did was pour the pie filling in a baking dish and then put the refrigerator biscuits on top of the filling I then brushed the tops of the biscuits with an egg wash and sprinkled them with some sugar. I baked the whole thing in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes until the biscuits were a nice brown color and then we ate it. It turned out delicious. This simple recipe would work with any pie filling for a quick easy dessert. Next time I will try apple pie filling and pit some sugar and cinnamon in the filling before I add the biscuits. I bet that will be good. :)

If you don't know what an egg wash is, here is how to make it. Just mix an egg and some water together. That's it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hubby,
You forgot to mention that the biscuits were the flaky layer type.