Saturday, January 05, 2008

Good morning All, Hope everyone had a good New year.

Good morning All, Hope everyone had a good New year. I have not posted in the last week because my son John was here. John got here on the 27th of December and I took him back to the Airport in Kansas City on January 3rd. It was good to see him. We didn't get to spend as much time with John as we would have liked too because he was busy with his friends but we understand. John is going to try to come back out sometime this summer before his ship the USS Doyle goes on it's long cruse. I have to tell you that the best thing was being able to give him a hug when I picked him up and dropped him off at the airport. We do miss him but are very proud of what he is doing with the Navy. John is back in Mayport Florida and I have talked to him on the phone several times since he left.

In other news my daughter Cindy, also serving in the United States Navy made it to San Diego. She is going to her FC-C School there and will be there for 6 months learning the MK-15. Cindy spent the holidays with her boyfriend Doug and his family in Indiana, Doug is also in the Navy and is now in Norfolk, Va for a while. Eventually he is going to be stationed in Japan.

Cindy called me yesterday to tell me that she is all settled in at her barracks on base and that she has a roommate that she knew from her FC-A School at Great Lakes. She said that she and the other girl went to the Commissary and bought groceries for themselves. Cindy said that they were able to get enough food for themselves to last two weeks for $75.00 and that included a Britta water Filter. I am proud of you Cindy. Cindy said that the weather was great and that she was wearing a t-shirt and jeans outside. I guess after being in Great Lakes just about anywhere would feel warm about now.

That's about all from here for now. The weather is going to be warm for the next few days with temps in the 60s so the last of the snow will melt here in South East Kansas.

No comments: