Sunday, November 04, 2007

My two kids in the Navy spent the day together






I just checked my computer and saw that my son John sent me some pictures. He and my daughter Cindy went out together today and went to the Mall and then to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch. Cindy is leaving Naval Station Great Lakes for her next assignment in a few weeks. She is going to her FC-C School at Dahlgren, Virginia to learn the M-160 Gun Computer System for three months. After that she will go to San Diego, CA and report to the USS Stockdale (DDG-106). It is still being built and will be ready sometime in 2008. She said that she might go to Maine for more school while waiting for them to complete the ship. The USS Stockdale (DDG-106) is an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer. John graduates his OS-A School this coming Friday and has put in his Dream Sheet for his orders but hasn't received them yet. He should find out where he is going soon. From the pictures you can tell that Cindy hates to have her picture taken. I hope she sends some more soon.

No comments: