Monday, November 12, 2007

My son John went to Chicago again today

My son John went to Chicago again today. He went with Airman Recruit Reid this time. They went all over the place and toured the Chicago Art Institute while they were there. My wife is so jealous. They also went to the Sears Tower and several other places. John said that they had a great time. This will be the last time he gets to see Chicago before leaving Naval Station Great Lakes this week to report to the USS Doyle in Mayport Florida.

As with all the pictures on this Blog just click on them for full size versions.








Chicago at Night

Airman Recruit Reid taking a drink.





























Van Gogh self portrait








John with an officer of the Chicago Police Mounted Unit.


John standing in front of a giant Rat...

Airman Recruit Reid



Breakfast

John trying to figure out how to order everything on the menu. You wouldn't know it to look at him but he can really put the food away.





Airman Recruit Reid waiting for John




From the top of the Sears Tower






1 comment:

Cookie..... said...

Thats one of the things I really liked about the Navy...I really got to see places and people that I never would have otherwise...

Like the old Navy saying goes..."Join the Navy and See The World". Good fer John...I'm real happy for him...and he's got sooo much yet to see....

Cookie