Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My son John called tonight. He got his Orders today.


My son John called tonight from Naval Station Great Lakes. He got his Orders today. He is to report to the USS Doyle at Naval Station Mayport Florida Nov 18th. Dolye is currently attached to Destroyer Squadron Fourteen. This was his first pick when he filled out his Dream Sheet a few weeks ago. John was very happy when he called. The USS Doyle (FFG-39) is an Oliver Hazard Perry-class guided missile frigate. That is just what John requested. He is hoping to be able to come home to visit sometime around Christmas.

2 comments:

Cookie..... said...

THATS GREAT!!! Glad he got what he wanted...BUT...I hope he don't get seasick to easily...Destroyers (at least when I was in) bob and toss around like corks in a washing machine during rough sea's....

...and Thanks again for the heads-up regarding the Christmas cards to Recovering Soldiers...what a crappy hoax to play on folks...

John said...

I told John about the "corks in a washing machine" and he told his friends. :) I told him it would be kinda like an amusement park ride that you get paid to go on. LOL