Monday, July 28, 2008

Weather, and a picture of our son John

John on his Ship the USS Doyle. John on right.

Good morning everyone. It's still hot here in south east Kansas with temps in the upper 90s and no relief in sight. We are coping by staying inside with the air-condition running. :) Our small garden has started to produce. So far I have had 6 tomatoes and 6 green peppers. Last night we made stuffed green peppers with the tomatoes and peppers from our garden.They tasted great and we have lots of leftovers.

I talked to my son John a few times over the past few days. John was doing well and has been busy. John tried to send me pictures from his Gmail account but only one came through. I finally set up an e-mail address for him at my ISP and he will try to send the pictures to us again later this week using that. I had to give John a hard time because the picture that he sent doesn't show his correct rank. He has not put his other stripe on his dress uniform yet. He said that he just has not had the time to do that yet with all the uniforms.

That's about all for now, I hope everyone has a great week.
Zemanta Pixie

No comments: