Monday, July 21, 2008

Good afternoon and it's hot here :)

Good afternoon everyone. The temp is getting up there in south east Kansas where we live. Right now it' s 97 degrees with a heat index of 102 outside. I went out to Wal-Mart last night to buy a new fan. We have central air condition in our house but when the temps get this high it's still hot in here so we use fans to help us feel cooler. Our fan that we used in our living room stopped working two days ago so I bought a new one. :) I was doing some stuff outside earlier today and got so hot I thought I was going to pass out so I gave up for the day and decided to just stay in and try to stay cool.

I was able to work on my computers a little and got Synergy working again. It stopped working after Vicki's friend Sheila left after her visit a few weeks ago. It took me a while to figure out what happened. When Sheila came to visit I made her a login on my computer so she could use it, when I did that it changed my computers IP address. LOL I finally when into the router and looked at the active IP table and saw right away what happened. I then went into Synergy and changed my IP address to the new correct one and re-booted and now everything works great. If you don't know what Synergy is it is software that allows you to use one mouse and keyboard with two or more computers at the same time. I have a Linux and a Windows computer on my desk that I use at the same time and it would be a pain to have to use two different keyboards and mice to access them.

I talked to my daughter in the Navy, Cindy a few days ago. Cindy made it to Everett Washington ok and has been working on the base and living in the barracks while waiting to go to her ship the USS Abe Lincoln. Cindy is an FC CIWS tech in the Navy and she just graduated CIWS C-School in San Diego earlier this month. Cindy is a little mad at me because I refuse to put a picture of her new tattoo on my blog. I as a parent find it inappropriate (sp) for this forum. I told her that if she would send me pictures of herself in clothes or even better in uniform I would love to post them. By the way her tattoo is on her chest so you can see what I mean when I say that I am not going to post that. I don't even want to see it myself again. Cindy has a right to do what she wants with her own body but I don't have to share the photos with the world.... God Bless you Cindy and I sure wish you would send me some things that I could post here.. I do love you. Dad

I have talked to my son in the Navy, John several times. His ship the USS Doyle is back in port in Mayport Florida. John said that they had a good cruse and completed all their qualifications. John is going to buy a cell phone charger tomorrow if he gets a chance. His old charger was take from his rack ( bed on the ship ) while he was sleeping. Right now he has to use Skype for phone calls. His ship goes out again in a few weeks and will be gone for a month. I know the exact days but I won't post them here. John is doing well and has his PT test today ( they have to do them every few months ) . He was worried that he might not pass because he is so sore all over from working. I think he will do just fine.

That's about all for now. I hope everyone has a great day.
Zemanta Pixie

No comments: