Saturday, July 05, 2008

Good morning all

The crew of the USS Doyle stand at attention during a short presentation ceremony. The Doyle was given the Key to the City and it was Doyle Day in West Palm Beach yesterday.


West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel greets the crew of the USS Doyle yesterday.

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a Happy 4th of July yesterday. We had a good day overall. I managed to mow the lawn and visit our friend that had knee replacement surgery. Last night I cooked hamburgers and hot-dogs on the grill and then we just relaxed. I am trying to let my knee heal a little more before I do anything strenuous. This past Wednesday I had a cortisone injection in my knee from our local Orthopedic surgeon and I am in more pain now than before the shot. I think the surgeon messed up. I have had over a dozen cortisone injections in my knees over the last 15 years and this is the worst pain that I have ever encountered after an injection. I will see my Doctor next week and see what I can do about this.

Our son John called yesterday from West Palm Beach Florida. His Ship the USS Doyle was docked there for the 4th of July celebration . John was doing well and having a great day. He said that he enjoyed getting off the Ship and eating out with his friends. John said that he will e-mail me pictures when he gets back to his base later this month. West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel greeted the crew of the USS Doyle at the Port of Palm Beach in Riviera Beach yesterday. Mayor Frankel joined teens from the Northwood Youth Empowerment Center for a tour of the ship. The crew of the USS Doyle has been invited to take part in the opening ceremonies of the annual 4th on Flagler celebration. The guys had a good time. John has to work on the Ship today and is off again tomorrow to explore more of West Palm Beach.

That's about all for now, I am going to go sit on my deck and drink my coffee. Hope you have a great weekend.
Zemanta Pixie

2 comments:

Cookie..... said...

Man...readin yur blog, somebody might just get the idear that yur a proud Navy Dad... ;-)

John said...

Yes, I am very proud. :)