Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Love this Grill

Our Weather Forecast ( Click images for full size )

My Grilled Chicken

Our Dog Tanner waiting to see if he gets any Chicken.

Good morning everyone. I just woke up and am drinking my second cup of coffee. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today with temps in the mid 80s and no rain.

Last night I grilled chicken on my new gas grill and it turned out perfectly tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside and completely cooked but not burned. I made enough to last me all weekend. I just love having a gas grill, it is so much easier than dealing with charcoal .

Yesterday I went to Walmart and bought a whole chicken that was already cut up for less than $4.00 and added two chicken leg-thigh combos that I had in the freezer. It was a very inexpensive dinner that will last us three days. Today I am going to paint some for a friend. I love painting, I find it very cathartic and relaxing. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Flag Day today

It's Flag Day, time to salute Old Glory.

On June 14, 1777, the first American flag, also known as the Stars and Stripes or Old Glory, was approved by the Continental Congress. In 1818, after five more states joined the union, Congress fixed the number of stripes at 13 and required the number of stars to equal the number of states.

Popular accounts trace Flag Day's roots to 1885 when a Wisconsin teacher began celebrating the flag's birthday in her schoolroom.

The Order of Elks played a significant role in the day's history when it became the first national fraternal organization to adopt Flag Day in 1907. Observances became an Elks obligation nationwide in 1911.

Though former President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation in 1916 establishing Flag Day, it wasn't until 1949 that a member of the Elks, President Harry S. Truman, signed the congressional act designating June 14 as National Flag Day.


Zemanta Pixie

No comments: