Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Kids are busy

Sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln man the rai...Image via WikipediaGood morning all. I have talked to my daughter Cindy by e-mail and my son John by phone. They are both busy and out to sea right now with the Navy. Cindy's ship the USS Abe Lincoln is on it's way home to Everett Washington. Below is an excerpt from her ships newspaper. It's on the ships website if you want to read it, http://www.cvn72.navy.mil/ The ships paper is called the Penny Press and you will see a link to the PDF in the text.

"USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) Strike Group is finally on its way home and currently in the 7th Fleet area of responsibility after completing Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the U.S. 5th Fleet AOR supporting Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom."

They are both doing well. I can't really say much else on here except that we are very proud of them both.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is well put together John - I like how you blend tech/family/life and The Navy together.

I'm actually working with the U.S. Navy now to help them develop a web presence (specifically for the Navy Officer Program).

I was wondering if you had seen the site yet? It's called "My Navy My Future," and is at www.mynavymyfuture.com

I know you are passionate about the U.S. Navy so if you have any feedback or suggestions for this site, definitely let me know! It just launched this week. My email address is JeffTaylor1985@gmail.com