Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Good Ubuntu Linux Media Player

Screenshot of my Ubuntu Desktop

Screenshot of my Ubuntu Desktop with Amarok

Good morning all. I am fairly new to Linux so when I installed Ubuntu on a second computer I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I finally decided that one thing I could use it for is a media computer, that would free up some memory on my Windows PC for other things. I have a rather large collection of music here and I also like listening to online radio. The media player "Rhythmbox Music Player" that comes with Ubuntu was ok for the media that I had here locally but I couldn't use it for online radio without allot of difficulty. After much searching I finally found "Amarok". Amarok can play my local media and also has a large list of online Radio Streams. I have been using Amarok for a few days now and love it. It does just what I want it to do, Winamp does the same thing on my Windows PC. If you have Linux and are looking for something like Winamp try out Amarok.

No comments: