Saturday, August 23, 2008

Two Computers with One Set of Speakers


Good afternoon everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while but things have been quiet around here. As you probably know from previous post I have two computers that I use at the same time. One is running Windows XP and the other is running Linux, Ubuntu 7.10 the Gutsy Gibbon. I have the two computers connected using Synergy so that I only have to use one mouse and keyboard for both computers. Today I decided that I wanted to hear the sounds, music, and so on from my Linux system through the Creative SBS 5.1 560 speakers connected to my Windows PC. I went to Radio Shack and bought a male 1/8" jack to a male 1/8" jack cable and connected it to the Line out of the Linux machine and to the Line in of the Windows PC. Now I can listen to music and sounds from both computers using only one set of speakers. It was so easy and it sounds great, I did have to adjust the Line out volume sound on the Linux computer a little as to not get distortion but once that was done all worked great.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: