Sunday, March 19, 2006

You get what you pay for.

I spent some time last week helping a guy that bought a Dell computer a few months ago. He didn't ask for any advice when he bought it, too bad. His hard drive failed last week, the good news is that Dell sent him a new one within 24hrs. The bad news has to do with his computer in general. He bought a Dell Dimension with a celeron processor, on board video and audio and a whopping 256 megs of memory, LOL. He is on Earthlink dialup and is running Windows XP home. Poor guy. After reinstalling the operating system and all the programs for him his computer was just barely crawling. I wished he would have talked to me before he bought that. I have always liked Dell and never really had a problem with them in general. But the old adage " you get what you pay for" is true. Oh well. I am trying to talk him into getting more memory ( at least a 1 gig ) Hopefully he will listen. :)

John

No comments: