Sunday, August 16, 2009

We had a busy weekend here in Kansas

Good morning all, we had a busy weekend here in Kansas. We decided at the last minute to have a yard sale and get rid of all the junk in the garage. We started Friday afternoon and ended the yard sale yesterday at about noon when it started to rain. I had cleaned out the garage last month and had thrown away all the things that I thought were trash and kept stuff that I thought we should try to sell. Our son Mike helped me bring all the stuff out to the front of the house using his station wagon Friday afternoon and that helped allot. We did get rid of allot of stuff that was just clutter and the garage has allot more room in it now.

I talked to our Navy kids, John and Cindy this weekend and they are both doing well. John has been staying in a hotel on base and enjoying a big comfortable bed while his ship is in port. Cindy has been busy getting ready for her almost year long stint an an IA in Iraq. Cindy posted her schedule "Leave here 27Sep, Go to San Diego. 05Oct Fort Sill, OK, 08Nov Fort Jackson, SC, 30Nov Fort Sill, OK 20Dec Fort Lewis, WA 28Jan Kuwait 08Feb Iraq" I am hopeful that I will be able to see her when she is at Fort Sill, OK being that it is only about 300 miles from us.

Our son Mike is still working on a temp basis at Russell Stover Candies in Iola, KS and is reaping some of the benefits of his job. He hasn't taken them up on the free candy yet ( we wish he would ) but he did come home with a free watermelon last week. They were giving out watermelons to all the employees when they left work one day last week and we are still eating it. :) Mike goes into the Army in one month ( Sept 15th ).

That's about all from here. It's just going to be a relaxing Sunday, at least I hope so. My crohns disease is acting up this morning and I feel like crap if you know what I mean. :) Bye for now, I'll write more soon.

No comments: