Monday, February 27, 2006

My Chili

This is my first post to this blog and I thought I would post a recipe for my daughter Cindy. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Dads Hardy Chunky Chili

2 lbs ground venison or lean ground beef
1-2 packages of dry chili seasoning ( your choice )
1 large white onion chopped
4 large cans diced tomatoes, 28oz each with juice
2 large cans spicy chili beans with juice. I prefer Bush's chili beans but any will do.
1-2 cans Rotel tomatoes with chill peppers ( your choice )

Using Large pot
1) Cook ground venison/beef with chopped onion until no longer pink / Drain / Return to pot
2) Add the chili seasoning and stir into the meat/onion
3) Add diced tomatoes and stir
4) Add Rotel tomatoes and stir
5) Add chili beans with the juice from the cans and stir

Cook for several hours on low heat letting it simmer.

Serve alone or with shredded sharp cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

Can also be served over cooked white rice.

Leftovers freeze well.

Note: The more chili seasoning and Rotel tomatoes you add the spicier it is.

1 comment:

Dar Hakim said...

hiiiii, how are you ?
http://www.wisebard.blogspot.com/ this is my blog !
hope to hear from you :)