Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Waiting for a call from Navy Boot Camp. Battle Stations 21 last night.

The USS Trayer

My son John did Battle Stations 21 last night aboard the USS Trayer and I am waiting for a call from him telling me how he did. If he passed he will get his Navy Ball Cap this morning and be in the United States Navy. Click the link below to see a CNN video of Battle Stations 21.

"Video" CNN's Keith Oppenheim reports on a new Navy simulator near Chicago designed to train the next generation of U.S. sailors.



( Battle Stations 21 aboard USS Trayer (BST 21). Battle Stations 21 is the culmination of all training received at the Navy’s only boot camp. It is a grueling 12-hour test of a recruit’s skills in several shipboard evolutions, including fighting fires and stopping floods. The event is held entirely aboard Trayer and marks the recruit’s final rite of passage into the Navy. )

Had to post this quote from my Navy daughter,

"FC all the way!! = ) Wish me luck in school. Its goin to be a long haul in Greatlakes but it will be worth it. Miss you all. Wish my lil bro luck he is in division 259 in bootcamp. He graduates August 10th. He is goin to be an OS. I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I proudly serve my Country's Navy Combat team with HONOR, COURAGE, and COMMITMENT. I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all. HOOYA

No comments: